How to get here
The Catacombs of St. Callixtus are found in Rome – at Via Appia Antica, 110 – between the Church of Quo Vadis and the Basilica of St. Sebastian.
By Public Transport:
- Metro A (direction Anagnina) to the stop San Giovanni (in Laterano). From here continue on bus 218 (direction Ardeatina) to the stop Fosse Ardeatine.
- Metro A (direction Anagnina) to the stop Arco di travertino. From here continue on bus 660 to the stop Appia Pignatelli/Appia Antica.
- Metro B (direction Laurentina) to the stop Colosseo or Circo Massimo (bus stop: Terme Caracalla/Porta Capena). From here continue on bus 118 (direction Appia/Villa Dei Quintili) to the stop Catacombe di San Callisto (Via Appia Antica, 110).
- Bus 714 to the stop Navigatori. From here continue on foot for 1 km along Via delle Sette Chiese.
Position on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/r2xNXd8PxeL2
Information on Rome’s Public Transportation: www.atac.roma.it
By Private Transport:
From Grande Raccordo Anulare (G.R.A.)
- Take exit 27 “Via Cristoforo Colombo” and continue along Via Cristoforo Colombo towards Porta Ardeatina, then turn right and at Porta San Sebastiano take Via Appia Antica to the church of Quo Vadis (Via Appia Antica, 51).
- Take exit 24 “Roma centro – Fosse Ardeatine” and continue along Via Ardeatina to Fosse Ardeatine (Via Ardeatine, 174). Then use the public parking in front of the catacombs. Also (only for cars) continue along Via Ardeatina to the church of Quo Vadis (Via Appia Antica, 51).
to the unattended private parking area of the Catacombs of St. Callixtus is only possible from the crossroads between Via Appia Antica and Via Ardeatina at the point of the church of Quo Vadis (Via Appia Antica, 51).
Position of the entrance gate for coaches and buses on Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/ziET7mT4BRD2